So, 3 posts in 2 days, pretty good, pretty good...
So thanks to Friends of Insite (a Facebook group reachable here), word on the social networking sites is that there are 3 upcoming forums (fora?) in Ontario and Quebec. Speakers will be:
- Liz Evans, founder and executive director of the Portland Hotel Society, which operates InSite
- Tony Trimingham, an Australian advocate for supervised injection sites whose own son died of an overdose.
Please let people know about, and please attend at the following locations and times:
- Ottawa: Monday July 14, 6:30pm Ottawa Public Library, Main Library Branch
- Montreal: Tuesday July 15, 7:00pm Leacock Building, McGill Campus
- Toronto: Thursday July 17, 7:00pm City Hall
Here to is a video (also courtesy of Friends of Insite) featuring Tony Trimingham and discussing the importance of supervised injection sites.